Friday 26 September 2008

My Disc From Will Has Arrived

It's here, from across the Atlantic, a disc labelled "Play It Loud", and a set of instructions to wait until I have a long journey that coincides with one of the last days of summer, or a Friday night after a hard week's work, before I play it.

Well know, it's autumn now so I guess I'd have to wait a long time before following playing instruction one. It is however Friday, and I have had the busiest week for a long time, possibly because I have had to take a personal day today, and so my week has been four days but with about six days worth of work! Anyway I shall be following instruction two shortly, and try and get back with a review so that Neil can kick off Round 8. (I'm in by the way, if you're looking for names and numbers Neil).

On another note my GF a.k.a the recipient of Neil's disc of soundtracks and sender of Will's Funk and Ska, is not well. Some of you will know that this has been going on for a long time, and that sitting in front of the computer to type up a review is something she had hoped to be able to manage, but it just hasn't happened. She has asked me to step into her shoes (damn their tight, might end up with blisters), and do her typing for her. Unfortunately we can't do the brain swap thing, so the review might have some tonto influence when it's written, but I have interviewed her, so I at least have a general picture of what she thought and what her comments are. Hope that's OK with you?

No comments: